Frequently Asked Questions about Plumbing
At AGI Plumbing Solutions in the Bakersfield area, we are happy to help you with large and small plumbing problems. If you are experiencing a plumbing emergency, you can review these questions and answers while you are waiting for repair services from our company. Many people have common questions about clogged drains, so we have compiled the top five plumbing FAQs here.
- Why do drains get clogged? ? For the most part, kitchen drains clog because of various food waste and other oil and greases. Bathroom drains tend to clog because of hair buildup, excessive toilet paper, sanitary napkins, and paper towels. Treating them with a drain cleaner is not a recommended remedy by AGI Plumbing Solutions. Many times, drain cleaner products can become dry and harden inside your drain pipes causing a more severe blockage than what was there originally.
- Do I need a plumber to fix a leaky faucet or a clogged drain? A plumber in the Bakersfield area is highly skilled at repairing pipes and plumbing related fixtures, and can diagnose and solve problems that you might not be able to detect.
- Why does my faucet drip? Usually a dripping faucet is the result of an internal component that needs repairs or replacement. This is an inexpensive and simple fix that can save you tons of money over time.
- Is it a big deal if my toilet runs non-stop? Leaky toilets can add hundreds of dollars every year onto your Bakersfield water bill. A toilet that runs non-stop indicates that some part of the mechanism is faulty and need repair.
- What can I put in my garbage disposal? Almost all biodegradable food waste can be put into garbage disposals. However, high-fiber content foods and non-food materials should never be run through a disposer.
Contact Us Today
Leave the plumbing repairs and installations to the experts at AGI Plumbing Solutions. We are proud to serve residential and commercial customers in the Bakersfield and surrounding areas. Contact us today at (661) 858-7766 to schedule a free, no-obligation estimate or if you have a question that was not answered here. We are happy to help!